Increase precision while reducing electronic assembly costs
Cobots support agile electronic assembly and manufacturing
From design, application, installation, manufacturing, operation, and maintenance, the tech industry needs to adapt quickly to changing conditions. Collaborative robot arms give electronics and technology companies the agility to automate almost any manual task while adding value to their businesses.
Now you can quickly adapt production lines to new products and processes with lightweight, space-saving, and easy to redeploy collaborative robot arms—without changing your production layout. Robots are ideal for assembly, pick and place, and quality inspection applications.
Precise and accurate assembly
Robot arms can be integrated quickly and easily into a wide range of electronic and technology production such as lighting, mobile phones, computers, input devices, and much more. Repeatable, accurate collaborative robots can modulate, mount, and fasten elements on printed circuit boards with 0.1mm (0.004 in) accuracy. And automating complex tasks that require working in close proximity to sensitive machinery can reduce the risk of employee injury while increasing precision and quality.
Increase competitiveness, even for small manufacturers
Universal Robots collaborative robot arms can be implemented economically for nearly any business. These small, lightweight robots with simple programming can be used for a wide range of applications, letting even small companies address volatile markets and increase competitiveness.
Advantages of collaborative robots for the electronic assembly industry
- Repeatability of +/- 0.1 mm (.004 in) automates precision handling
- Space-saving, lightweight design for exceptional manufacturing flexibility
- Easy programming and short set-up time support even small-volume production
- Fast and easy changeovers to new processes for agile manufacturing
- Reusable programs for recurrent tasks
- Increased quality, consistency, and production speed
- Ability to adapt assembly output to meet peak seasons and changing consumer demands
- Fast payback with none of the traditional robotic costs for programming, set-up, and dedicated work cells